Thursday 14 June 2012

Really Lovely Tale - An amazing review from 5 star author Miranda Stork - Conner




Review of Sold Into Marriage by Maxi Shelton



Lord Sebastian Griffiths would do anything for his beloved dying mother. But he didn’t see this one coming: to see him married before she died. 
Sebastian, a 38-year-old confirmed bachelor, liked things done his way and his way only. Sebastian considered a wife to be an embarrassing, time-consuming, meddling and unnecessary addition to his life. 
After consulting with Dennis Burrows, a solicitor and good friend from university, he forms a plan to buy a temporary wife that could be paid off when his mother died.
Isabel couldn’t believe her own father could sell her into marriage. After spending nine years in debtors’ prison looking after him, Isabel had become a strong, independent woman. It was that or fall apart and die from hunger. 
But Isabel wasn’t ready for Sebastian. He was an attractive, arrogant, dangerous pig, yet she’d gone ahead with the marriage, for the love of her father, and the chance to get him out of the hellhole they had been living in for the last nine years.
Sebastian is caught unawares by the passion he experiences with Isabel. After his mother dies, and he leaves Isabel for the second time, he realises he’s truly fallen in love with his own wife. Miserable and drowning his sorrows, he is rescued by Burrows, who knows his friend has to pull himself together for the sake of his unborn child, something Sebastian has yet to discover.
Will Sebastian be able to find the courage to go back to Isabel and win her heart, or will she turn him out like the rat he’s been?”
I would like to start this review by saying that I don’t like normal romance books. And yet-I was so engrossed in this book I couldn’t put it down.
Good points
The storyline was amazing! It was so well told, with each tiny titbit of information being unfurled for the reader slowly, but at a pace that kept you reading-I almost burned the dinner! The relationship between the characters was really wonderful, and you could feel them falling in love, and felt their despair as they grew apart towards the end. (But don’t worry, it has a happy ending!)  The descriptions were wonderful as well, and the rooms were so vivid, I could practically feel the rich fabrics. The best part of this novel was the poetic language that the author used, really weaving the tale along.
Bad Points
Were there any bad points? It might be bad not to add any, but I really couldn’t think of any! The only bad point I can think of, (and it is a personal one) is that I got annoyed with Isabel for not being more angry with Sebastian at the end, but that’s because I’m far too argumentative for my own good, and she was far too lovely! :D
Overall
I thought it was a wonderful storyline, and it has just the right amount of romance, heartbreak and tragedy. You alternate between loving Sebastion, and hating Sebastion. I’ve got to admit I wanted to strangle Isabel at the end for not being more angry with him, but I guess that’s because I’m not as calm and lovely as she is! :D
This is a fantastic story, extremely well written, well thought out, and with wonderful characters that leap off the page. I’m sure that the author will go from strength to strength in her writing, and I can’t wait to see what she comes up with next!
I give this…5/5 stars!!!!


By 5 star author Miranda Stork of paranormal romance - Conner 
www.mirandastork.com 



Review taken from Miranda Stork blog writermirandastork.wordpress.com


Also found in www.amazon.co.uk   www.goodreads.com


No comments:

Post a Comment